Sunday, September 4, 2011

{Dear Sweet Baby Boy}

DSC_0186 copy

happy birthday!

oh how you melt my heart, and crack me up!
today when i said tomorrow’s your birthday, you said, “no!”
you are a silly boy with such a sense of humor (a future class clown I’m sure).

people told me a boy would be different from girls.
they were right.
you have my heart in a different way than your sister does.
you melt me.
the way you wrap your arm tight around my neck every night after bathtime and give me a BIG kiss.
the way you walk up to me throughout the day and kiss my leg, just because.
the way you say, “nnnnnnoooooooo” to me. yes, even then.

DSC_0048 copy

and you are becoming such a big boy!
you are getting so good at using your words, and telling us what you want. (although, sometimes your sister does has to decipher for us)
i love that you don’t get frustrated very often.
and when you do i love the way you stomp that right leg and say – MAH! (mad)

but you are still my baby.
i love when you say, “take.you.” when you want me to hold you and “lap” when you want to sit with me. thank you for not growing too big too fast.

DSC_0195 copy
and you are such a lover!
not only to daddy and i, but to your sister.
i love that you walk up to ella and give her unexpected hugs and kisses.
that you demand hugs and kisses (“huuu, kiii”) every night at bedtime over and over.
i love that you go to Wel-wah (ella)  for comfort when you are sad.
i love that you even let her pick you up sometimes, even though you’re nearly the same size!

bubs, you are one amazing boy.
i know our great big God put you in our family for a very special reason.
you fit. you changed us. you made us different. you make us better.

DSC_0174 copyB&W
thank you, Lord, for entrusting us with this little boy.
train us in the ways we should guide him to be a man after Your own heart.
help us to steer his passion for life into a passion for Your word, for You.
amen.

No comments: