Monday, September 22, 2008

{The Tanner-Nanner Project}

We helped Tanner Nanner(Chad's summer side-kick) with his 7th grade project.
Ella calls him Nanner.

He had to build an indian dwelling and do a report on the Jumano Indians. This is reportdly an "antique" lesson for the 7th graders because Chad (31) and his sister (24) both had to do this project in 7th grade...I guess if it's not broke don't fix it!

I took him to school the Friday morning that he had to turn it in because we had left the project drying at our house the night before.

He looks real fired up doesn't he - it was about 6:30am.




I think he did a great job.

The Jumano Indians were buffalo hunters so Chad found some old hide and they cut it out like it was tanning and Tanner glued it to the side of the house. I had some old material that had buffalo skulls on it and he cut that out like a rug.
The "dwelling" is the exact same color as my guest bedroom...interesting.
Use what you have.



Maybe we can keep it in a safe place for the next 12-13 years and Ella can just use it when she gets to 7th grade...and people call me a procrastinator - Sheesh!

No comments: