I found this post over here…I love it. What a great way to remind us to have grateful attitudes. I need to come up with a great way to display this in our home…hhhmmmm I’m feeling a project coming on!
20 Little Attitudes of Gratitude
- Mind your manners. Say please, thank you and excuse me.
- Smile when you see your family. Turn your frown upside down.
- Pick up after yourself and for someone else too. Be happy you have someone to pick up after!
- Notice when others do kind things for you, show gratitude by action or words.
- Say I love you before you leave in the morning and before bed at night.
- Give hugs daily.
- Don't worry about tomorrow. Focus on what you are happy about today.
- Create gratitude journals to keep track of daily blessings.
- Show thankfulness for even the little things others do for you.
- Leave love notes in unexpected places like lunch boxes and under pillows.
- Encourage someone with a compliment.
- Verbalize what you are grateful for when you feel like complaining about life.
- Keep a basket of small slips of paper on the table. Write notes of thankfulness during the week and read them to each other during a family meal.
- Remember to thank God for blessings each day.
- Surprise your family (or friends) with little gifts or treats to show you thought of them.
- No grumbling about minor annoyances around the house.
- Do special things to cherish time with your family. You never know what tomorrow will bring.
- Reflect on happy memories regularly. Make inspiration boards or photo walls of special times.
- Help someone out without them having to ask you. Watch for someone in need.
- When you are doing household chores, be grateful you have a home to clean.
- Say I Love You before you leave in the morning and before bed at night.
- Don’t Worry about tomorrow.
- Focus on what you are happy about today.
- Laugh together often.
What would you add to your list?