Monday, June 22, 2009

{Father's Day Cookies}

Or any day cookies for that matter.

I can't remember the first time that I had these cookies but they were a hit right off of the bat! Chad & I loved them...we are a soft cookie family so if you prefer a crispy cookie these may not be the ones for you.

Chad was working late on Friday night and so Ella & I made these cookies for Daddy for Father's Day!

I have seen them referred to as Devil's Food Cookies, Fudge Crinkles, Cake Mix Cookies and Chocolate Crackle Cookies. I think they should just be called the Best Damn Cookies EVAH!

                      

Meredith's Best Damn Cookies EVAH

1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix

1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)

1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar

2 eggs

1 Tbsp. cream cheese (optional)

1 Tsp. Vanilla

1 1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

1/2 Cup nuts (optional)

1/2 oil

Powered Sugar

Directions
  1. Mix cake mix, butter,sugar and oil together.
  2. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing between each egg.
  3. Add vanilla and cream cheese, mix well.
  4. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
  5. Drop by spoonful onto a cookie sheet. (I use a cookie scoop)
  6. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Until the center is set.
  7. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Let sit for about 2 minutes.
  8. Move to a rack to cool.
  9. Your gonna love me for this one! ENJOY!

1 comment:

Kristin Sellars said...

These look SOO yummy! I'll have to give them a try :)

lubirdbaby.blogspot.com