Wednesday, May 28, 2008

B-I-G Days at Work


We've had B-I-G (Boss Is Gone) days at work for the last 10 days and so on Tuesday Jill thought we needed to make breakfast for the office the next morning. I committed to a casserole and Jill said she would bring fruit.



Here is the recipe that I stole from Hayli for the super Easy Breezy Breakfast Casserole that I made.




1 – 2* Tubes of Crescent Rolls
1/2 Medium Onion Chopped
1# Breakfast sausage
8oz. Cream Cheese
10 Medium Eggs
8oz. Cheddar Cheese - Shredded

1. Heat oven to temperature on the roll of crescent rolls.
2. Pat a roll of crescent rolls into a 9”x13” pan and seal the seams to form the crust
3. Saute Onions
4. Brown sausage
5. Add package of cream cheese and stir till combined
6. Add a little milk to your eggs and beat/stir into sausage mixture
7. Cook egg mixture a little runnier than scrambled eggs
8. Dump egg mixture on top of crescent roll crust
9. Top with shredded cheese
10. *You can then top with the additional roll of crescents rolls to form a crust on the top – I leave out this step – too much crust for me.
11. Bake for the allotted time for the crescent rolls. Usually 10-15 minutes

Can be made the night before and re-heated the next morning in the microwave or the oven.

Can be frozen and served later – thaw in fridge and head in oven at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until heated thru.

My guess is they liked it!

No comments: