Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Meme





1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate AND Egg Nog




2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? I've been thinking about this a lot and I think Santa is going to sit them under the tree...they were always wrapped when I was growing up




3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? ALL White




4. Do you hang mistletoe? Sort of. We have a fake cluster of it inside an "ornament" that is hanging on the door knob in the living room




5. When do you put your decorations up? I used to try and get it all done the Friday after Thanksgiving or that weekend...this year I decorated the first weekend in December.




6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Coke Salad that my grandmother, Babydoll used to make. I now have her recipe in my family traditions cook book.




7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child. When my dad's mother Mommo would make me a Christmas dress every year to wear to the Nutcracker (she would make my mother a skirt out of the same material so that we matched! :)




8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What? I don't understand. Did something happen to Santa?.....Okay, seriously, I think my older cousins Bart and Erik tattled about it!




9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Growing up I could open 1 gift on Christmas Eve, I would spend the days before "studying" all of the presents trying to figure out which one I was going to pick!




10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? This year the tree is decorated (for Ella) with all of the ornaments that my grandmother made me over the years, a few glass balls and white lights. VERY colorful.....maybe colored lights wouldn't be so bad! :)




11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it!!! Of course, I don't really have to drive in it, which I hear makes a difference, but, come on! It's so beautiful when it falls! Warm weather does not go with Christmas, you know.




12. Can you ice skate? I can if by "ice skating" you mean watching it on television, then yes. If that isn't what you mean, then the answer is, um...no, not really.




13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I think it would have to be either the bed that my parents and grandparents made me in 1996, the bracelet that my grandfather made me and my parents gave me in 2005 or the Family Traditions cook book that my put together for me last year with recipes from my grandmothers, etc.




14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Celebrating the "Reason for the Season", family and traditions




15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I think the cut-out decorated sugar cookies




16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Spending time with our families




17. What tops your tree? A Movarian Star




18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving - the old adage is true, you know.




19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night




20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yum - but ONLY the traditional red and white ones!




21. Favorite Christmas movie? Miracle on 34th Street, followed very closely by It's a Wonderful Life- original only, black and white.




22. What do you leave for Santa? A Plate of Cookies and a big glass of Milk silly!

No comments: