Thursday, February 3, 2011

{Home Sweet Home}

HomeSweetHome

Leave it to The Nester to come up with another great idea – to post goals for your home this year.  It has gotten me to thinking and there are several ways to look at this, the first being things that I need to DO to finish my home (we all know a home is never really “finished” – or is this just me?) the second being a list for your home that is more than just DIY projects and an endless list of things to do. It’s.A.Place. I need to remember that.

“It is the expression of well-lived lives that creates beautiful spirit and charm in a house, not the beautiful furnishings.”

My home is where I’m with people that I love and with people that need love.  So although I do have a to-do list a mile long here are the “main” goals for my home, our home this year.

That when people are in my home, they would see a comfortable,friendly place to be –

a place to settle in and relax.

That they would see it doesn’t have to be perfect to be beautiful.

And I hope when people leave our home, that they  leave with a feeling of family,

a warmth of love and a heart full of joy.

I want to our little corner of second street to “radiate a beautiful spirit and charm reflective of well-lived lives.”

Now, I’m off to cross some of those to-do’s off of my list!

No comments: