Tuesday, December 15, 2009

{The Nicktivity}

 

On Sunday night we went out to Aldersgate Enrichment Center and drove thru the live Nativity. It was the final night and I wanted to take Ella to see it. I told her before I laid her down for her nap on Sunday afternoon that when she woke up that we would go and see the Live Nativity, Nicktivity she asked?

Well 2 hours passed and when she woke up from her nap she came and found me and asked if it was time to go and see the Nicktivity. Almost time I told her. She asked if she was going to see Mary, Baby Jesus and Josey.

We waited until dark and then drove out to Aldersgate. I was very impressed with all of the “scenes” that they had set up and the book pages declaring the scriptures of Jesus Birth. There were angels, Mary and “Josey” travelling, the Town of Bethlehem with a village full of people, the 3 wisemen, shepherds tending their flock (although I think a shepherd was missing) and finally there was Baby Jesus lying in the manger with Mary and Josey looking on and Josey sweetly rubbing Mary’s arm. That simple little gesture brought tears to my eyes – if we could all always love so sweetly.

I think Ella really enjoyed it and I can’t wait to go back next year. I thought she still might be a little young to understand it all but she still keeps asking about baby Jesus lying in the manger and says - “He’s with Mary and Josey?”

One of these days she will be old enough to realize that he is with US all the time and THAT will bring tears to my eyes.

Matthew 1:21
And she will bear a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for it is He who will save His people from their sins.

No comments: