Friday, June 12, 2009

{POTTY!}

krw_yellow_i_sat_on_the_potty_training_reward_sticker-p217292115235281316qjcl_400

A couple of months ago we bought a potty seat that fits on the top of the potty in Ella’s bathroom. We have stuck her on there off and on but with no success…just trying to get her used to it. Ella has been telling us when her diapers are dirty for a while now, but usually it is after the fact. My phone rang at work this morning…this is how the conversation went.

M: Hello?

E: MAMMA! I WENT POOP IN THE POTTY! YEAH

(wild clapping in the background)

E: POOP! POTTY! YEAH!

E: POOP!

That just happened out of nowhere. (Her daddy jumped on the chance when she told him what was about to go down! Good Job, Daddy!) I’m hoping since she was SO excited for herself that she will keep it up – it sure would be nice to have one out of diapers when the other one gets here!

I stopped on my way home for lunch and got a bag of M&M’s and when I got home gave her a BIG hug and an M&M for being such a BIG GIRL! I filled a canister and put it in the closet in her bathroom and every time that she goes potty, she will get an M&M…how’s that for bribery! I’m sure that she’s gonna love it – she doesn’t get candy otherwise.

I made her a potty chart to hang in her bathroom and some stickers that we will stick on there when she goes. I'm a visual person and I do like to see progress!

Ella'sPottyChart061209 copy

PottyTrainingStickers copy

I’m hoping that this will be an easy process…we’ll see!

1 comment:

Holamon House said...

Get outta here! What a big girl!