Wednesday, June 24, 2009

{For Today}

June 24, 2009

Outside my window...sunshine and warm temperatures.

I am thinking...there are a lot of things that I would like to get done around the house.

I am thankful for...simple blessings that could be overlooked

From the kitchen...BBQ chicken on the grill & zucchini from mom's garden

I am wearing...Comfy maternity guachos that I found in my closet (had no idea they were in there) and one of my favorite summer shirts.

I am creating...a little cowboy that will be here in about 10 weeks or so. I can't wait to meet you little man.

I am going...to try and get the nursery and Ella's room painted before the sweet little arrival - wish me luck.

I am reading...Harvesting the Heart - Jodi Picoult

I am hoping...to squeeze every drop of summer out of the next 3 months.

I am hearing...the fountain in the lobby at work, but I always have the laughter of Ella Grace in the back of my mind.

Around the house...fans running, fruit in the fridge and daylight that lasts and lasts.

One of my favorite things...swimming in the pool every afternoon and watching my daughter put it all together and learn to swim by herself (with a little help from a life jacket). My Little Mermaid.

A few plans for the rest of the week: cook, create, sew, swim, relax, read, snuggle/cuddle, and all pile in bed to watch a movie.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

IMG_3542 copy

A Good Sign that summer is indeed here: Fresh Veggies (or "Kini" as Ella calls it) from the garden.

No comments: