Friday, October 31, 2008

{Italian Wedding Soup}

My mom and I had this soup earlier this week for lunch at a local restaurant and it was VERY good. I was kind of deterred by the name at first but she said that she had eaten it before and it was good. I'm glad I took her advice. I will be making this.

ItalianWeddingSoup

INGREDIENTS

  • 1/2 pound extra-lean ground beef
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
  • 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 5 3/4 cups chicken broth
  • 2 cups thinly sliced escarole
  • 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
  • 1/3 cup finely chopped carrot

DIRECTIONS

  1. In medium bowl, combine meat, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, basil and onion powder; shape into 3/4 inch balls.
  2. In large saucepan, heat broth to boiling; stir in escarole, orzo pasta, chopped carrot and meatballs. Return to boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook at slow boil for 10 minutes, or until pasta is al dente. Stir frequently to prevent sticking.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did...Let me know if you fixed it and how you liked it.

Bon Appetit!

Picture & Recipe from AllRecipes

No comments: