Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th, 2001



I was getting ready for work in Dallas at the World Trade Center in a hotel room that I was sharing with two other girls. I was 24 years old and planning a wedding. We had the news on in the background while we were getting ready for work when we heard that the President would be speaking in the next few minutes. Then the screen flashed to the second airplanne crashing into the World Trade Center in New York. It was surreal - Time stood still. We all sat there with towels on our heads at the foot of the bed and watched it all unfold and then we listened to the President. That might be the first time that I have ever really listened to every single word. We went to work and were shortly evacuated from the World Trade Center in Dallas, I headed straight to my parents house calling Chad on the road to tell him that I was o.k.

Every year this date is a reminder of the tragedies and the people who lost their loved ones. I will never forget the ones who died that day or their family members. I am thankful for men and women who fight (and are fighting) for my freedom.

Do you remember where you were?

No comments: